Re: Squid-2.4 memory leaks

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 20:47:37 +0200

Andres Kroonmaa wrote:

> This makes me think why not make dlmalloc a default in squid?

I prefer not. Switching malloc implementaton is a bit hairy to say the
least, as libc and other system libraries also depend on malloc and may
use other entry points than those provided by dlmalloc. If they do there
is no way to tell what will happen other than that it most likely are
not good things..

> Alot of people constantly talk about leaks in squid when actually they
> are using "wrong" malloc lib for squid. I also have been there ;)

Which is why we have a FAQ entry on the subject.