RE: Custom log format

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 19:19:34 +0100

> Hi.

Hello Henrik.

> I have started tinkering on requirements for a custom log format
> specification.
>
> http://devel.squid-cache.org/customlog/
>
> Please review the format specification tags to see if they
> make sense and are
> consistent, or if I have forgot something important.

Sounds sane IMO..

%<{header:;element}

is limiting IMO. I'd translate that to

%<{header:element:separator}

Apache-like I'd like to use logformat nicknames (i.e.
"squid","common","combined" etc)
Also, AFAIK extended logfile format requires a comment line at the very
beginnning
detailing WHAT fields are used in the logfile proper (metadata, yum). I'd
add that as a conditional directive.

Conditional selection: yes please! It might be full-fledged, a la
http_access, i.e.

define_format format_nickname "format string"
logfile logfile_nickname backslash_escaped_file_name
format_nickname_or_format_string

log allow logfile_nickname acl [acl ...]
log deny logfile_nickname acl [acl ...]

Where acl's here are a "reduced form" i.e. non-idented requests will not get
idented,
non-authorized requests will not trigger an auth-challenge, etc.

--
	/kinkie