Re: Custom log format

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 02:05:03 +0100

"Chemolli Francesco (USI)" wrote:

> Sounds sane IMO..

Good.

> %<{header:;element}
>
> is limiting IMO. I'd translate that to
>
> %<{header:element:separator}

AFAIK it is only the Cookie header that is different. All other users
the standard comma separated form... (RFC2616 2.1 #rule).

There may hoever be a need to extend the element syntax with a pattern
for only extracting a part of the element. Also needs to be considered
what to output if the element is without a value.. I think I will use +
to indicate that the element exists but has no value.

> Apache-like I'd like to use logformat nicknames (i.e.
> "squid","common","combined" etc)

I have not yet started considering Squid configuration requirements, but
your suggestions seems to be quite valid.

> Also, AFAIK extended logfile format requires a comment line at the very
> beginnning
> detailing WHAT fields are used in the logfile proper (metadata, yum). I'd
> add that as a conditional directive.

Agreed.

> Conditional selection: yes please! It might be full-fledged, a la
> http_access, i.e.

Agreed.

Can you stuff your squid.conf suggestion in there somewhere?