Re: 2.5 profiling

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 21:15:00 -0700

On Thu, Nov 22, 2001, Grahame Bowland wrote:

> We ran squid HEAD on our main proxy server for a couple of days. We did
> discover that it grew in memory usage to approximately 460Mb instead of
> the normal 250Mb, and continued to grow until we restarted it.
>
> ./configure --enable-async-io=128 --enable-removal-policies
> --enable-poll --enable-underscores --enable-delay-pools --enable-snmp
>
> We do have some patches todo with the delay pools code, but there is no
> way they are causing a memory leak and 2.4-STABLE2 with the same patch
> set doesn't exhibit the problem.
>
> I'm more than happy to debug this if someone will give me hints how :)

Firstly, throw the list your patches. :)

Secondly, keep an eye on the general info and the memory info cachemgr
pages. See if there's anything obvious thats growing without bounds -
especially in the memory stats. If you have one particular memory pools
entry that has a stupidly high proportion of this 400+mb of RAM allocated
to it, it'll help nail down whats leaking.

Adrian