[bug] in snmp agent

From: Jean-Francois Dive <jef@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:06:44 +1100 (EST)

Hi all,

This is to report a bug in the snmp agent of squid. A search in bugzilla
did not pointed me to any bug ID.

When quirying the clientCacheTable, which is indexed on the IP address,
the agent does not order the reply of getNextRequest by sorted ip
addresses, but by appearance order. So, for example:

getnext on cacheClientAddr.10.10.10.10 may return
cacheClientAddr.20.20.20.20 . This is not RFC compliant and give problems
with most snmpwalk which check that the previous answer is < than the new
one.

As a workaround, use -Cc option in snmpwalk. My problem is that this makes
the table parsing in application not an easy task as standard tools
complains.

After digging in the code, the problem seems to comes from
src/snmp_core.c::client_Inst() which takes the first entry in the
client_table trought a call to client_entry(NULL). I dont see anyway to
fix the problem but sort the client_table on the ip address, or use a
temporary table which is probably not very memory friendly.

I'd be interested in any input on this.

JeF