CLIENT_SOCK_SZ

From: Jon Kay <jkay@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 20:02:21 -0600

Oh, and while we're arguing over old size limits starting with the
digit 4 and mulling sadly over performance, let's talk about
CLIENT_SOCK_SZ.

4096 was probably always a little on the small side, though. I guess
it might reduce latency on them slow links. But it's smaller than
most web objects. The median object size hovers around 7k, if I
recall, and average object size has been oh so slowly creeping
asymptotically down to 12k.

How about if we raise CLIENT_SOCK_SZ to 16k so that when under load,
Squid can do most of 'em in one fell sweep through the processing
stack?

--
Jon Kay        pushcache.com                      jkay@pushcache.com
http://www.pushcache.com/                             (512) 420-9025