Re: cvsmerge freeze

From: Roger Venning <r.venning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:18:19 +1100

Henrik,

I also discovered that cvsmerge failed for me (on the ipv6 branch.) cvs
update was successful. I ran an strace -f on cvsmerge, and was unable to
usefully decipher what was going on; the process that 'hangs' is an ssh
to sourceforge, it transfers data back and forth for a while, and then
seems to read the dup'ed stdin(?) on my machine as being closed, writes
a little more to the network socket, and then 'hangs'.

Given that I haven't changed anything on my end though, I'm a little
puzzled as to why it would now occur... hmm, supplying a -t to ecvs() in
your cvsmerge script saw this as the last messages:
S-> checkout (/cvsroot/s/sq/squid/squid/src/repl/Makefile.am,v, 1.2,
-kk, /tmp/cvsMTLxW7)
S-> checkout (/cvsroot/s/sq/squid/squid/src/repl/Makefile.am,v, 1.3,
-kk, /tmp/cvsGbhfcj)

I'm still none the wiser though.

Roger.

Roger Venning	\ Do not go gentle into that good night
Melbourne        \ Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Australia <r.venning@bipond.com>                 Dylan Thomas