ntlm AND basic winbindd-based helpers tested and working

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 16:02:23 +0100

As of this moment, the winbind ntlm- and basic- auth helpers
for squid are officially "working for me"(tm). They are
distributed in the 'ntlm' branch in CVS on devel.squid-cache.org.

They require a recent samba 3.0alpha snapshot, or samba CVS HEAD,
or at least a CVS HEAD winbindd running in conjunction with a
2.2.x samba suite.

This is to be configured in smb.conf

winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind cache time = 300
template shell = /bin/false
winbind separator = "\"

Installation instructions are same as before.

Early adopters are strongly requested, as winbind will in my opinion
be the "one true way"(tm) to perform windows domain authentication,
at least where NTLM is concerned.

For the same reason, I strongly suggest rolling this up into HEAD
after just a little testing, and issuing a 2.5PRE2 including this
code as soon as practical.

--
	/kinkie