Re: MySQL logging

From: Florin Andrei <florin@dont-contact.us>
Date: 28 Jan 2002 21:10:33 -0800

On Mon, 2002-01-28 at 21:00, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2002, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > I've looked for a patch to enable logging into MySQL instead of plain
> > text files, but i couldn't find any.
> > Are there any plans for that? At least, does it make sense? ;-)
>
> I believe Robert was working on some logging helper patches
> which push logging to an external process, but I'm not sure
> how far they got.

Kewl. Actually, even something like this might be useful:

cache_access_log "|/path/to/some/wrapper param1 param2"

(this is what Sendmail/Postfix allow in the aliases file, to deliver
messages to applications)
I'm still not sure about the reliability of such a solution; but anyway,
if the wrapper dies, Squid should figure that out, and restart the
culprit.
But it would be nicer to have proper *SQL logging or something...

--
Florin Andrei
"The security of any corporate network is inversely proportional