hno's auth_escape patch

From: Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@dont-contact.us>
Date: 14 Feb 2002 12:24:18 +1130

Hi, all.

I'm currently making a run on Alfred[1], hoping to have a FreeBSD port
put together by the end of the weekend.

For Alfred to work properly, patches need to be applied to Squid and
SquidGuard. I'm trying to reduce the number of patches that need to be
applied at compile time during the process of port creation.

When I first joined squid-dev, I posted a message regarding escaping the
authentication data. hno has a patch (which he referred me to) which
does the job.

I seem to recall that there was a few different people (Henrik included)
who thought that it'd be a good idea to do this, perhaps on a permanent
basis.

My question is: is this patch able to be merged into the Squid code so
that in the future, I won't have to worry about patching separately?
Perhaps a configuration file / run-time option could be included too, so
that the function can be turned on and off.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated,

   - andrew

[1] http://www.alfred.cx/

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane