Re: [squid-users] persistent http with pushback

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:51:46 +0100

On Wednesday 20 February 2002 21:59, Alex Rousskov wrote:

> A proxy may interpret multipart content (e.g., for the purpose
> of caching or merging ranges). Squid used to do that.

Not that I can remember.

The only reduction in range processing capabilities I am aware of
having been done in Squid is that we no longer split linear cache
misses into ranges.

You are ofcourse welcome to correct me if I am wrong here.

Merging ranges isn't that hard, but requires code to detect that what
is cached is only a range and some ETag logics to safely identify two
fragments as being from the same entity, but there has never been any
consensus on how partial objects should be stored or updated so
nothing has got done..