Re: [squid-users] persistent http with pushback

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 15:20:08 -0700 (MST)

On Wed, 20 Feb 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 February 2002 21:59, Alex Rousskov wrote:
>
> > A proxy may interpret multipart content (e.g., for the purpose
> > of caching or merging ranges). Squid used to do that.
>
> Not that I can remember.
>
> The only reduction in range processing capabilities I am aware of
> having been done in Squid is that we no longer split linear cache
> misses into ranges.
>
> You are ofcourse welcome to correct me if I am wrong here.

When I wrote Range handling code for Squid, the code parsed or created
multipart responses. I do not know whether that code is still in the
source tree, but I remember bugging HTTP folks about misleading
wording in the RFC when it comes to part boundaries.

The primary point of my correction though was to say that HTTP does
know about multiparts and proxies may want to know as well.

Alex.