Re: [squid-users] persistent http with pushback

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 00:32:48 +0100

That code is still there as you left it. The only thing that has been
deactivated is the creation of range replies from a linear cache miss
(cache hits are still processed in the same way).

From what I can tell you never parsed multipart/byterange in Squid.
You may have done so in test programs, but it does not look like you
ever did this parsing in Squid. At least no such code was ever
committed into the CVS repository.

And yes, I stand corrected. HTTP knows about multipart MIME messages,
but except for the 206 reply it complely ignores them. In 206 replies
proxies MAY decode the multipart content if they like to but the
general message protocol including proxying of 206 replies does not
require understanding of multipart content types and their precense
does not change HTTP operations.