Re: NTLM

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 05:32:00 +0100

On Sunday 24 February 2002 04:22, Robert Collins wrote:

> Weeel, I suspect that fakeauth actually decodes the packets
> incorrectly. I'd suggest starting with NTLM or windbind to get the
> decode and protocol logic, and replace the auth calls with memcmps
> to your smbpasswd's.

fakeauth seems to work fine here.. Seems uudecode() happily decodes
base64 as well..

but I did change that uudecode to a base64_decode in my helper after
our discussion on the subject..

You are welcome to grab a copy of the helper from the SF CVS if you
like.. tag ntlm_smbpasswd. I think the NTLM parts is correct except
that it does not pay any attention to any flags.

> The negotiate packet is used to determine what level of NTLM the
> client supports (LANMAN....NTLMV2/Kerberos etc). See the samba
> documentation on the NTLMSSP struct.

Can NTLM-over-HTTP use any other authenticate packet than the NTLMv1
packet?

If it can, and you are not sending the negotiate packet to the
helper, how should the helper tell what kind of challenge to generate?