Re: NTLM

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:43:55 +0100

On Sunday 24 February 2002 04:15, Robert Collins wrote:

> As for handing the negotiate packet to the helper, we're actually
> considering giving the helper less, not more. The windbindd helper
> opens the door to allowing squid generated challenges, which means
> much more efficient processing, and less complex internal
> structures, but on the down side needs more smarts. So we're
> looking at a protocol v4 in the next release anyway.

From a security perspective I would prefer if the challenge was
generated outside of Squid. I do not want Squid to require the needed
permissions to get into said "secure channel".

I am pretty sure the winbind people agrees on this principle.

There is reasons to why the endpoints needs to be authenticated to
perform such type of authentication. Nothing major, but still...