squid-2.4 and macs?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 21:32:44 -0700

Hi,

I've been getting reports here and there from some Australian
ISPs that the latest squid-2.4 release(s?) seem to be breaking
with Macs. From what I've been told, if someone requests
a content-encoded (say gzip)ed page squid will cache it and
then return that particular gzip'ed page to anyone who
requests the same page.

What should squid be doing with content-encoded requests?
Mark them as non-cacheable, and pass them through?
Whats squid-2.4 doing? :)

Adrian