Re: authenticator for cyrus-sasl sasldb

From: Ian Castle <ian.castle@dont-contact.us>
Date: 15 Mar 2002 09:02:34 +0000

I sent this a week or so ago - I've not heard anything or seen any sight
of it in the snapshots so assume you missed it/didn't get it.

I'll send to the dev-list this time as well.

Apologies if this is just noise.

--------------------------------

On Tue, 2002-03-05 at 12:53, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> New authentication modules are always welcome. If it is OK by you I'd
> like to include your module in the Squid-2.5 release.

Here is a patch against last night's 2.5 snapshot.

I've modeled the layout on your PAM module...

.. so I've not done anything fancy with configure.in et al to do things
like detect wether cyrus-sasl is installed/available on the build
machine... I'm assuming that the onus is on whoever supplied

--enable-basic-auth-helpers="SASL,..."

to make sure that they have the necessary build environment (this is the
same with the PAM module).

I can supply more documentation if you like... but again, it is
comparable with the PAM module.

The patch creates src/auth/basic/helpers/SASL and its contents
(Makefile.am, sasl_auth.c and some documentation/config file examples).
It also modifies Makefile.am in the parent directory and configure.in in
the root directory - so automake, autoconf etc. will need to be run to
create configure, Makefile.in...

Otherwise that should be it.

Apply with "patch -p1 < squid-sasl-auth.patch" in the root directory of
your squid.

Regards,

Ian.