Re: authenticator for cyrus-sasl sasldb

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:53:02 +0100

New authentication modules are always welcome. If it is OK by you I'd
like to include your module in the Squid-2.5 release.

My guess is that most large-scale Squid setups using authentication
are currently using either LDAP or NT Domain or RADIUS as
authentication backend, roughly in that order..

Most large scale Squid installations are not using authentication at
the proxy, authorizing users based on their IP address alone. From
the IP and time of access they can usually track down the user
identity if needed.

Regards
Henrik Nordström
Squid Developer