2.4.STABLE6 Benchmarks

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 17:09:41 -0600

Hi all,

I've posted a couple of new benchmarks of 2.4.STABLE6 on my benchmarks page:

http://www.swelltech.com/pengies/joe/benchmarks.html

Nothing terribly surprising. I was just getting a couple of baselines
for testing all of the new stuff (2.5, 2.6commloops,
2.6chunked_mempools, etc.). The good news is that 2.4.STABLE6 is
extremely stable, and exhibits very good hit ratios even under load.

The benchmarks were run on a 450MHz k6-2 (my same old trusty test box
that I've used for most of my benchmarks through the years), with 384MB
RAM, and two 7200RPM disks. They will all be standard Polymix-4
workload runs.

Anyway, I'm running the chunked_mempools branch right now, and will post
those results tomorrow morning (I do hate 14+ hour benchmarks...I think
once I've finished up testing all the versions I want to test I'm going
to strip out top1).

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com