RE: includes inside squid.conf

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:21:10 +0100

I've done something similar by turning my squid.conf in
a cpp-interpreted file.

> Would be nice to have in 2.6. I have one implementation
> for that, based on recursive configfile parser. recursion
> loops are detected by remembering inodes of seen configs.
> I don't consider recursion here as evil, besides it makes
> for pretty simple patch.

> What are your thoughts?

Might be interesting.

Alternatively, we could redesign the configuration parsing
engine to be a yacc+lex thing. We'd trade some flexibility
(lexically-variable lex parsers are hard to implement -
if it's possible at all) in favour of genericity.
Of course, this would unfortunately also mean that
Robert's generic parser work should be dropped.

--
	/kinkie