Re: [SQU] lru or heap LRU (Squid V2.4)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 02:48:27 +0200

That would be src/repl/, where you find one directory per policy
implementation (currently "lru" and "heap", where "heap" has a
selection of several different policy algorithms).

How to write a completely new removal policy is documented in the
(incomplete) Squid Developers guide.

Limitation: There can only be one single policy per cache_dir or
memory, and this policy has to do with the little information
normally kept in memory by Squid about the object. This more or less
rules out site-based policies.

Good approximations of GDS or LFU can most likely quite easily
implemented using the heap baced policy engine. See
src/repl/heap/store_heap_replacement.c for some examples on the
current heap based policy algorithms.