Re: Squid-2.6 merge fest

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 09:23:39 +0200

On Thursday 04 April 2002 02:59, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> > * cf_preprocess
> >
> > and I know some of you would like to see rproxy merged, but I
> > will intentionally keep this as a patch for now. Maybe in 2.7.
>
> Ok. Any particular reason why?

Private reasons.

> > * range processing, currently disabled in HEAD..
>
> This may be tricky to do without my next couple of changes to
> -HEAD to support this. Actually, when I manage to split out the
> http headers from the body, this suddenly becomes _much_ nicer
> to do.

There must be something I do not get, but what in your small change
made Range processing so much more difficult than it was, given the
"old" approach?

I do not dispute that the whole thing should be rewritten, I only
question why it was needed to delete what there was in HEAD before
the new thing is being written.

> Well, there'll be an in-memory index - but only if you choose to
> build one. :-) UFS/AUFS/DISKD in their current form will be
> supported and will use the index, and if for some reason you wanna
> keep one in memory to support 100% accurate ICP replies, again,
> cool.

Exacly.

And there will be a lot of room doing changes like this for Squid-2.7.