RE: Squid-2.6 merge fest

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 19:40:32 +1000

At a guess, as I fought with this in te quite heavily... the old range
code occurred all on the client side, so the stream was the resulting
ranges, whereas now the range process checking should occur both in the
cache (can part be satisfied from cache) and the server side (validate
any cached results, and retrieve the non-available data). Then the
resulting data is pushed back to through to the client, but as a series
of offset -length pairs, rather than a stream of data.

Rob