Re: Squid-2.6 merge fest, and devel.squid-cache.org policy (cleanup time)

From: Roger Venning <r.venning@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 20:41:01 +1000

(comments below, got the right source email address this time)
Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]
<snip>

>>> * ipv6
>>>
>> How ready is this?
>>

> Quite ready as I understand it.
>

> Rob

I've just returned from over a month of holiday, which I took at the
conclusion of my involvement in a large project, so I'm ready to get
back to some coding. There are outstanding issues with (as described in
the web page + a few more)
- fetch branch up to date with 2.5
- SNMP over IPv6 transport
- IPv6 address representation in SNMP / ASN.1
- linux-netfilter interactions (need to understand this first,
particularly for netfilter v6)
- RFC 2428 EPRT might be needed for IPv6 ftp servers that don't support
EPSV
- Consideration of the coding methodology for conversion using #ifdef'ed
macros in order to allow continued compilation on older hosts without
IPv6 support
- support for the (now deprecated but useful for debugging)
http://[2002::1]/ URL notation

Finally, *extensive * testing, particularly of some of the less-core
functions of squid, such as cache digests etc. is required to confirm
validity of the changes.

Roger.

Roger Venning    \ Do not go gentle into that good night
Melbourne        \ Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Australia <r.venning@bipond.com>                 Dylan Thomas