Re: Squid-2.6 merge fest

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 18:22:45 -0700

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> > I'm enforcing the latter, and I'm hoping the former is done (or you won't
> > parse the headers, right? :)
>
> Yes.
>
> What?

What were you after exactly?

> > The offset is only there as a "check" to make sure the rest of the store
> > client api users requrest data sequentially - and you'd be surprised how
> > many strange places that wasn't true.
>
> I know quite many strange places who was depending on the ability to re-read
> data..

Well, now they have to keep the data that they want to reuse.

> > Eventually it will disappear. Instead, when you go storeLookup() you'll
> > ask for a specific range of data (or -1, -1 for everything I guess)
> > to grab the range data.
>
> One range per storeLookup(), or a list of ranges?

I don't know. Pick one. :)

If its a list of ranges then the object can be returned atomically - if
its one per storeLookup() the code is simpler, but you risk the possibility
of the object changing between calls to StoreLookup() and having the returned
data not piece together

Adrian