Re: Hi there

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 18:27:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Yee Man Chan wrote:

> I just finished reading the ICAP/1.0 spec.
> http://www.i-cap.org/spec/icap_specification.txt
>
> After reading it, I got two questions:

Disclaimer: you probably know more about ICAP than I do.

> 1. How does squid (or an ICAP client) know where and
> which ICAP server to contact when it receives a
> request from an HTTP client?

Squid is configured with an ICAP server IP:port, similar to the
cache_peer option. Content_filter?

Multiple ICAP servers and ACL-based redirection need to be supported
as well.

> 2. How does squid (or an ICAP client) know a request
> from an HTTP client requires request modification
> (REQMOD) or response modification (RESPMOD)?

This can be a result of a matching ACL rule in Squid and/or a result
of an internal ICAP server configuration.

Alex.