Re: Squid-2.5.PRE6

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 01:39:42 +0200

On Monday 15 April 2002 01:14, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 15, 2002, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> > Squid-2.5.PRE6 has now been released..
>
> Shall I draft up something to send to squid-announce?
>
> I think we've sent something to it before saying that this is an
> RC, and people should test it if they can..

PRE6 technically isn't a RC as we are waiting for some additional
minor fixes and there is some known bugs that needs to be addressed,
but sure, it is suitable for public testing and the more testing it
receives the better.

PRE7 will be a RC, and is preleminary to be released in two weeks,
with STABLE1 after cooldown period of two weeks after that. The more
testing PRE6 receives the less likely the cooldown period has to be
interrupted by a PRE8 release further delaying STABLE1..