Re:Re: Puzzled at "clientProcessRequest". :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 22:12:18 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

I have downloaded the Squid-2.5.PRE6. My question resides in client_side.c,
line 2302. In function, clientProcessRequest, there are several cases to check.
They are METHOD_CONNECT, METHOD_PURGE, METHOD_TRACE, and else. When case METHOD_TRACE
occurs, it is certain that cache will miss, since clientCreateStoreEntry is called.
(I think clientCreateStoreEntry is a routine to implement cache miss.)

My question is, why when METHOD_TRACE request occurs, the cache will certainly miss the
hit. What is the reason between cache miss and METHOD_TRACE request? What does
METHOD_TRACE request mean?

Best regards,
George, Ma