Re:Re: Puzzled at clientProcessRequest2 in squid-2.5.PRE6. :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:12:55 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

I have taken a look at squid.conf for negative_ttl, such is
my opinion after reading it.

For example, user A request a URL a.b.com, but it is failed with
HTTP code 404, then the failed request is cached. Suppose negative_ttl
is 5 mins, then in the incoming 5 minutes, if another person request the
same URL, he/she will get the same fail message even if the URL could be
visited shortly after user A failed to visited it. :-)

Am I correct?

Best regards,
George Ma