Re:Re: Puzzled at flags.hierarchicala and neighbors_do_private_keys after reading FAQ. :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 13:40:52 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

I think when !flags.hierarchical is true, we should not send
request to any of the ICP peers and should send the request directly
to the server. Am I correct?

I still have a question. After reading "What does ``Disabling use of private keys'' mean?"
in FAQ, I am puzzled why a cache can use an object with a private key in another ICP peer?
I think the object with private keys can only be shared by one user until it is public. How
can other peer ICP caches use an object with private key?

Look at the following statements taken from FAQ,

  When Squid sends ICP queries, it uses the ICP reqnum field to hold the
  private key data. In other words, when Squid gets an ICP reply, it
  uses the reqnum value to build the private cache key for the pending
  object.

Suppose user A request object O in cache C1, cache C1 try to find it
in cache C2, C2 tells C1 that the object O is in C2 but has a private key. I think C1 should not use object
O in C2. But from the statements above, I think the above statements shows that a cache can use
an object in the peer ICP cache with private key. :-)

Best regards,
George Ma