Re:Re: Puzzled at storeAppend. :-(

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:39:37 +0800 (CST)

Thanks, Henrik pal!

I have got some ideas for the variable. For example, in
storeBuffer,

void
storeBuffer(StoreEntry * e)
{
    EBIT_SET(e->flags, DELAY_SENDING);
}

in storeBufferFlush,
/* this just clears DELAY_SENDING and Invokes the handlers */
void
storeBufferFlush(StoreEntry * e)
{
    EBIT_CLR(e->flags, DELAY_SENDING);
    InvokeHandlers(e);
    storeSwapOut(e);
}

I think it means some process is delaying, for example, copying something
into the buffer. But I do not know clearly. :-) Can you give me a simple
explanation about the meaning of the variable?

Best regards
George Ma