Puzzled at run_id in eventRun.

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2002 13:44:53 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

I think when executing Runevent, run_id will plus one
in most cases. Look at this statements,
        if (event->id == run_id) /* was added
during this run */
            break;

The above statements is to check whether an event is
being added(using eventAdd), and the event being add
can not execute at this turn of eventRun. Maybe it
could run at next time of eventRun executing. Am I correct?

If I am correct, is it redundancy? Squid is a simple
process application and has no threads. How can the
two functions running at the same time?

Another question, if the case is ture(an event is being added
while eventRun is executing), why we cannot run the event being
added at this turn of eventRun? Wait for next loop in main.c is
to waste time. IMHO

Best regards
George Ma