RE: Squid-2.6 merge fest, and devel.squid-cache.org policy (clean up time)

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:40:07 +0200

> On Friday 19 April 2002 12:42, Chemolli Francesco (USI) wrote:
>
> > As said from the Samba developers, they tend not to do betas, only
> > alphas. The latest alpha has the API we need.
> > I hope I'm going to Samba XP at the end of the month
> > for some face-to-face chats.
>
> I am happy with having the winbind helper in Squid-HEAD no matter..
>
> In the unlikely event that it turns out that the Samba API is too
> unstalbe at the time we plan to release Squid-2.6 we can simply
> remove it from the Squid-2.6 branch (but keep it in HEAD..).

Samba 3 will have to come out sooner or later.

A fourth revision of the winbindd protocol is slated to come
out in the coming (weeks|months). After that, it is possible
that the protocol will be changed to use ASN.1 instead of
cooked structs to allow for multi-revision support, which will
make the whole problem go away (almost)

--
	/kinkie