Campare the callback mechanism of Squid is with normal callback mechanism

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:37:32 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

I want to campare the callback mechanism of Squid is with
normal callback mechanism. I have read events.c and cbdata.c.
I have also read the related part in Programming Guide, whose
name is "20. Callback Data Allocator".

But I still find the information about the comparison with
the callback mechanism of Squid is with normal callback mechanism
is not enough.

I just what to find why Squid is prior to other mechanism in
details. What is the short coming of the other mechanism in detail?

Where can I find the related documents?

Best regards,
George Ma