Re: Puzzled at storeSwapOutAble. :-(

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:59:40 +0200

maer727@sohu.com wrote:

> I think storeSwapOutAble is used to check whether an object
> is able to swap out.
>
> I think return number 0 means it is not able to swap out, and 1
> means it can swap out. Am I correct?

Yes,

> You mentioned, "If other than 0 then the head of the object has
> been purged from memory". When you mentioning "purge", are you referring
> to "swap".

purge can be seen as another word for remove.

From a selected on-line dictionary (shortened):

Entry: purge
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): purged; purg·ing
transitive senses
2 b (1) : to make free of something unwanted <purge a manhole of gas>
<purge yourself of fear>

> I also find it strange that swapIoState is not a enum, it really puzzled
> me. :-) Am I correct?

See "9.4 Operation of a storage module", which you are in fact assumed
to already have read and understood