Re: 回复:Re: Want to know how squid write metadata. :-)

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 21:23:58 +0200

Depends. Some objects are kept in the memory cache as "hot objects". The
criteria for this is that the object is below a certain size (think this
is 16KB, or is it 4?) or else the head of the object will be purged from
memory while it is being swapped out to save memory.

Squid currently never brings objects back into the memory cache. Only
data stored from the network can currently end up in the memory cache.
This is likely to change any year..