Test the performance of Squid.

From: <maer727@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 14:39:20 +0800 (CST)

Hi, pals!

I want to use the following three methods to test the performance
of Squid. Please give me some suggestions and help.

1. use one thread for one client, use a process as proxy
2. use one process for one client, use a process as proxy
3. use callback method in squid, use a process as proxy

I just want to test the respounse time. It has nothing to do with cache
hit. My purpose is to get some idea of the strength of callback. I
want to get some test data result. I think test data result is always better to talk than pure theory.

I want to write/read socket about a certain size of buffer. I also want to generate a C10K problem( I want to generate as least 10K clients)

I meet one trouble, I want to know whether there are some tools that I
can use. Because it will greatly save my time to design the framework.

Best regards,
George Ma