Re: Test the performance of Squid.

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 06:02:36 -0500

Couple of things.

We've already discussed polygraph. That's the obvious choice for
benchmarking web caches. I'm not going to spend any more time on that
issue, because it is so configurable that anything you could ever want
to do, it can be done with polygraph.

Squid can't handle anywhere near 10,000 clients. Not even in an
imaginary workload. Your other two concurrency models will perform
significantly worse, but it may be worth comparing, except that porting
Squid to those two models will be exceedingly difficult for a number of
reasons. (i.e. how do you manage the in memory swap index between
multiple processes/threads? Shared memory or mutexes...)

--
Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>
http://www.swelltech.com