Squid Authentication and Sun JRE 1.4.0 problems

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 11:07:04 +0200

Hi,

I'm using Squid 2.5 PRE 6 with mixed NTLM and Basic Authentication,
sometimes I have access denied errors using the Sun JRE 1.4.0.

This happens using IE 6, Netscape 4.79 & 6, with Squid running on Windows
NT and Solaris x86 2.6.
When trying to load a Java Applets, JRE write
"java.security.AccessControlException: access denied" error and the applet
doesn't load, but sometimes, the JRE prompts for authentication specifying
in the dialog box "Basic" schema, and the applet load fine.

I have tried with only basic authentication, but the problem is identical.
I don't know if this a JRE problem or a Squid problem.

Regards

Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it