Re: tighter accounting/limiting

From: Bruce Janson <bruce@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 17:59:19 +1000

    From hno@squid-cache.org Mon May 13 17:57:20 2002
    On Monday 13 May 2002 09:01, Bruce Janson wrote:

> In our environment, we would like finer grained
> accounting/limiting of our users' web access. Do you know if such
> a facility already exists? If not, we will probably add it
> ourselves. If we did so, would you be willing to incorporate it
> into the main squid source tree?

    Can you describe a little bit more what you are after, and in what
    ways the mechanisms that exists are not granular enough for you use?

Henrik,
    Certainly. We would like to be able to assign byte-count limits to
individual users and then terminate incoming transfers as soon as that
user's limit is passed. From my reading of the documentation and
configuration file I decided that such a feature was not currently
supported (But perhaps I misread...).

Regards,
bruce.