Re: Where can I find NTLMSSP Spec?

From: Yee Man Chan <ymc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 10:08:36 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your reply, Henrik. :) I searched the web
more and find a web page at OpenGroup that describes
how NTLM works. The page can be found here:
http://www.opengroup.org/comsource/techref2/NCH1222X.HTM

It is not really a complete spec but it does give me a
better understanding of how it works.

Now I got a question for you NT wizards: how do I
obtain the 16 bytes LanMan password to calculate the
response to a NTLM challenge? Is it the same as my
login password in the format of NULL-terminated ASCII
string? If not, how can I get it?

Thanks in advance.
Yee Man