Re: COSS on WIN32

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 19:21:04 +0200

Hi Henrik,

Il 16.59 19/05/2002 Henrik Nordstrom ha scritto:
>coss only takes the single argument of the cache size.
>
>cache_dir coss /path/to/directory size [common cache_dir options]
>
>Regards
>Henrik

Thanks for the response.

After some search, I have found an old Adrian's mail about this.
So the correct configuration recommend from him is:

cache_dir coss /path/to/storefile size max-size=65536
cache_swap_log /path/to/log/%s

Because the cache_dir parameter is used as a full filename path, it gives
some problems on the automatic log file name generation.
On nt branch I have made some changes to allow a correct log file name
generation without specify a cache_swap_log parameter, according to
cache_swap_log rules.

At this time may Windows 2000 Pro machine is running a HEAD Squid with COSS
fs, with only a "little" problem: it can't reload the cache at startup.

Another problem that I have found, is that the COSS store file is not
closed before Squid shutdown, so I have fixed this too.

I'm waiting for the Adrian's opinion about, before make more work on COSS,
because I'm suspecting that COSS on HEAD and 2.5 (sources are the same),
is more broken that we expect.

Regards

Guido

>On Saturday 18 May 2002 19:16, Guido Serassio wrote:
> > Hi Adrian,
> >
> > I'm trying to port COSS on WIN32.
> > I have a simple problem:
> > What is the correct configuration syntax for COSS on squid.conf ?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Guido

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it