Re: Stablising the winbind interface for squid's NTLM code

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 07:38:00 +1000

Steve Langasek wrote:

> Andrew,
>

> By chance, do you have a reference handy for the Squid helper protocol?

Try devel.squid-cache.org.

> An oft-requested feature for FreeTDS (an LGPL client library for MS SQL
> and Sybase servers) is domain login support. It would be nice to be
> able to leverage the Samba team's work in the NTLMSSP department, rather
> than reimplementing it from the ground-up. Is there any chance that
> this (or a) standalone binary might be useful for the client side of
> NTLMSSP authentication?

I'm not currently proposing the creation of a client-side, but doing it
in samba would not pose a particular problem. Of course it is one thing
to propose, quite another to actually implement... But I do think that
this work (particularly the server end, but also the client) should live
in the samba tree.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au