Re: external_acl and Squid-2.5

From: Guido Serassio <serassio@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:54:45 +0200

Hi,

Il 18.39 16/06/2002 Henrik Nordstrom ha scritto:
>Question:
>
>Should we include external_acl into Squid-2.5, allowing for almost
>seemless integration of external user groups?

User groups authentication is one of the most wanted features from users.
I think that adding this functionality in 2.5 will push the Squid use.
But we need to provide too support for the more used authenticators (like
NTLM, LDAP) at the same time, or this work will be not useful.

>I know it is late, but with the pace Squid developments is currently
>running it will quite likely take a while longer than planned before
>we see Squid-2.6...
>
>The external_acl patch is fairly well tested, and makes minimal
>changes to the core Squid.

What about adding it in 2.5 STABLE2 after a test work on 2.6 ?

Regards

Guido

>Regards
>Henrik

-
Serassio Guido
Via Albenga, 11/4 10134 - Torino - ITALY
E-mail: guido.serassio@serassio.it
WWW: http://www.serassio.it