Re: squid 2.6-rproxy: cbdata & READ_AHEAD_GAP

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 00:03:20 +0200

On Friday 21 June 2002 22.56, Jeffrey D. Wheelhouse wrote:

> Hopefully rproxy will pick this up the next time the gap is closed
> between it and head.

Sure. As you are actively looking at and fixing up the rproxy branch I
am actively keeping it up to date wrt HEAD. A bonus you get from
caring to look at the code.

> If there's something useful I can do to help with this, I am happy
> to do so. Fixing this problem for real would dramatically reduce
> my memory usage.

The first step involves trying to repeat the problem under controlled
conditions. Doing debugging on a live system is damn hard..

> I'm clueless as far as the code flow for squid when it is handling
> large numbers of partial requests on a single large object. Where
> do I start?

Lets first try to repeat the problem, so we know in detail what
triggers it and when.