Re: Main Authentication fixes imported to squid-head.

From: Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 13:45:21 +1000

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Friday 21 June 2002 07.29, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
> > It supports any combination of LM and NT hashes. What is done with
> > them is up to the DC.
>
> Great. It is then the first real Squid NTLM helper running on UNIX
> that have a chance of actually working..

This is why I was so interested in making it work, and getting it into
Squid's main branch.

Did it actually make it, BTW?

The Samba team has just released Samba 2.2.5, which still has the samba
winbind interface as 2.2.4, mirroring the interface that the winbind
helper was originally deloped against. Due to some
untrusted-local-user security issues, the functionality must be enabled
at configure time with --with-winbind-auth-challenge

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet@pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet@samba.org