Re: doctype declaration

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:03:00 +0200

PsychoTekk .de wrote:

> 1) what: adding doctype declaration to any html document
> generated or used by squid and cachemgr

Agreed.

> 2) what: standardize the html code according to the w3c standard

Agreed.

> 3) what: modify the html code (e.g. change <HR> to
> <HR noshade size="1px">)

Don't really see the need, but why not...

> 4) what: a new look for the html documents:
> background-color white / font verdana

Probably a good thing.. I never understood why many browsers insist on using
Times as a default screen font and gray background.. I always change the
default settings in my browsers to Helvetica (or a similar font) and white
background.. much easier to read on the screen.

> i have been overhasty to post the patches already, the background-
> color was not included yet and i overlooked some sections in the .c
> files, sorry for that.

gopher.c has been cleaned up a bit as a sideeffect of you posting that long
patch.. think you will find patching much easier now.

What I am mainly missing now is the needed HTTP charset support patch.

> - the serbian ERR_FTP_DISABLED document does not contain opening

fixed.

> - the catalan ERR_WRITE_ERROR document contains an incomplete
> <title> tag

fixed.

> - what do you think about a new style of the err documents?
> (example: http://www.psychotekk.de/extern/ERR_DNS_FAIL.htm)

I don't have a opiniton.. style is not my strong side.

> - i found two additional err documents:
> in the danish and finish language there is an ERR_CLIENT_ABORT
> file. i searched the archives and the changelog but could not
> find information about a possible removal. i would like to know
> if these files are still required.

Not used.

> - since i'm new to cygwin and diff, i would like to know if
> my patches had the correct syntax.
> i downloaded the latest development release
> (squid-2.6-DEVEL-20020713) and extracted them twice.
> i modified the files in the one folder and compared (diff)
> them to the unmodified files from the other folder.
> is this the correct way to handle patches?

Looked fine, but it is preferrable if you make one large patch of everything
instead of many small patches... see separate thread.

> thanks for your time and patience everybody!

Thanks for your interest in making Squid a greater piece of software!