Re: doctype declaration

From: PsychoTekk .de <psychotekk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 04:11:58 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@marasystems.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 01:43:51 +0200
To: "PsychoTekk .de" <psychotekk@europe.com>, squid-dev@squid-cache.org
Subject: Re: doctype declaration

> On Thursday 18 July 2002 14.25, PsychoTekk .de wrote:
>
> > (i also set the w flag because my editor automatically
> > cut away the white space at the end of the lines of
> > all documents i edited, and i did not want to make
> > the patch file unnecessarily large. if this is a problem
> > let me know and i will provide a ru - only version)
>
> It would be nice if you could provide a patch where the formatting of
> the HTML is unchanged.. your patch contains a lot of changes only in
> the HTML formatting.. hard to se what you have actually changed.
>
> This problem with the diff is seen a lot in the English, German and
> Polish translations.
>
> > - it contains further err document fixes
> > (the polish err docs contained closing </body>
> > and </html> tags)
>
> Done by automated search/replace.
>
> > - i translated some err documents in the german folder
> > that were still in english language
>
> Had to do these manually due to the above problem. Please verify if I
> got it correct.
>
> > - all html docments generated and used by squid
> > or cachemgr now contain a doctype declaration,
> > a style (background-color white, font verdana),
>
> Done by automated search/replace.
>
> > and are valid according to the standards at www.w3.org
> > (i could of course not check back each and every err doc
> > but from what i have seen it should be okay).
>
> unsure.. did not have time to filter out all non-changes from your
> diff to tell what you had changed so if there was HTML corrections
> outside of the above then I have probabaly missed these.
>
> > the modified .c files were:
> > cachemgr.c,
> > errorpage.c,
> > ftp.c,
> > gopher.c and
> > urn.c
>
> Applied fine.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

here is the patch that contains the last modifications:
http://www.psychotekk.de/extern/html2.diff
- no html formatted, just the actual changes.
- romanian (23 files modified + 6 files in english lang):
  <META CONTENT-TYPE=text/html; charset=iso-8859-2>
  changed to
  <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-2">
- danish (28 files modified + 1 file in english lang)
  <META CONTENT="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
  changed to
- german ERR_FTP_PUT_CREATED, ERR_FTP_PUT_MODIFIED:
  <HR noshade size="1px"> line added (as seen in the english lang
  docs which i took as example)
- hungarian lang: added <STYLE> tag to 25 files
- german err docs:
  "<P>Your cache administrator is <A HREF="mailto:%w">%w</A>." added
  to those documents that not already contained a link to the cache
  admin's email in any way (as seen in the english lang docs),

  ä --> &auml; ü --> &uuml;

  ERR_SHUTTING_DOWN: misspelling corrected and i translated a part
  that i overlooked the last time.

i hope this time my patch will not cause any headache :)

regards,
 C.L.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8