Re: doctype declaration

From: Robert Collins <robert.collins@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:22:28 +1000

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "PsychoTekk .de" <psychotekk@europe.com>
To: <hno@marasystems.com>; <squid-dev@squid-cache.org>

> i downloaded cygwin some days ago, in first place to use its diff
> function (i tried to find a good win32 prog that would do the job but
> did not find one). i also saw it has cvs functions (which i could
> not manage yet) and i knew it somehow had to contain a c compiler
> (not sure if what i found is the compiler, don't know how to use it
> either) - yes i know, this might sound strange to people who

Run setup, go through to the categories list, click on the + beside
'Devel'. Scroll down the list and install:
automake
autoconf
gcc
binutils
indent
make

Enjoy.

> use unix systems but until now i always found a good solution
> for my win2k machine (apache for win, guido serassio's squid nt build
> etc.)
> btw, i tried to start squid via cygwin (2.4.stable6) and got a
> fatal err: getpwnam failed to find userid for effective user 'nobody',
> probably just because i could not figure out yet how the basics work
> under cygwin.

Firstly, upgrade to 2.4Stable7. Then edit the /etc/squid.conf file and
change teh effective user and group settings to be the user and group
that you intend to run squid as.

i.e. if you are running it under your user account, it will be your
username, and a group of 'Users' or 'Power Users'. (Groups with
names -may- have trouble :[.

Rob