RE: doctype declaration

From: PsychoTekk .de <psychotekk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:04:02 -0500

> > this would require that squid parses the error docs, this feature
> > is needed for the meta tags anyway to include the correct
> > charset in the content-type header.
> > i have no idea of how that would work in c though... is here any
> > developer that would like to help out here?
>
> Not at all. What we should do is provide the error details (maybe by
> removing the email address from the %W. and using %w%W in the mailto:)
> in a separate %tag, then the sysadmin making a form just uses:
>
> <HIDDEN NAME='errordetails' value="%W" />
>
> Rob

but what about the meta tags and the charset info?
i think it would be okay to define a default charset
in squid.conf (because most err docs are okay in iso-8859-1
and don't contain a meta tag), but this default should be overridden
if a meta tag specifies a different charset.

the other solution would be something similar to tcn, a .var file
that contains the different charsets for all the err doc languages
so that squid knows which charset belongs to which language.

thinking of this, what about utf-8?

to come back to the actual topic, if one removed the email address
from %W the syntax had to be
<A href="mailto:%w?subject=CacheErrMsg%W">%w</A>
and _if_ strInfo contains any data then %W would be set to
"&body=", strInfo
,so if %W is empty the mailto link would look like
<A href="mailto:admin@some.net?subject=CacheErrMsg">admin@some.net</A>
,otherwise
<A href="mailto:admin@some.net?subject=CacheErrMsg&body=data1%0D%0Adata2">admin@some.net</A>.

looks good!

about the %tag for <HIDDEN NAME='errordetails' value="%W" />:
it's just parsed once so %tag cannot contain another tag
that has to be parsed.
thus i think it'd be better to have strInfo that is handled by
errorpage.c
1) (if strInfp != '') %W = "&body=", strInfo;
2) %tag = "<HIDDEN NAME='errordetails' value=\"", strInfo, "\" />:";

regards,
 C.L.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

http://www.netzero.net/?refcd=N2P0602NEP8